Berkeley Dental Office is a state-of-the-art dental practice in Berkeley, IL. We use dental advancement that improve the health and welfare of our patients. Some of our dental technology includes:
- Digital X-rays
- Panoramic X-rays
- Dental Lasers
- Intra-Oral Camera
Digital x-rays are the safest technology used in dentistry to take dental x-rays and provide Dr Ghoneim with diagnostic detail. Digital x-rays are faster than conventional x-rays, comfortable, and efficient in oral health diagnosis and treatment. You and Dr Ghoneim will be able to view your x-rays on a large screen TV to allow for maximum magnification and to allow you to be involved with your dental care and treatment planning.
Digital x-rays do not require chemical processing so they allow us to practice more ecologically responsibly. They also emit up to 90% less radiation than traditional x-rays!
Dental Laser | Waterlase iPlus
The Waterlase iPlus uses laser energy and a gentle spray of water to perform a number of dental procedures. All without the heat, vibration, pressure of the dental drill and frequently without local anesthetic. For other surgical procedures, the laser energy and water spray result in more precise cutting, less bleeding and the disinfection of the area, results in less pain. Gentler treatment with faster healing.
- A more pleasant, comfortable way to fix cavities— Uses laser light and water spray. Frequently with no shots. Using the laser is more precise than the dental drill and allows for removal of less tooth structure and less ochance of micro fractures that occur with the friction of the drill. Little to no discomfort. Can return to normal activities right away without the numbness of local anesthesia.
- Proven way to treat gum disease—-More precise procedures and disinfects the area as it works. The Waterlase iPlus helps to preserve bone and gum tissue; less pain and discomfort with conventional gum surgeries; promotes more rapid healing, less discomfort after the procedure, resulting in less pain and dependence on pain medication.
- Can be used for other simpler surgical procedures—biopsies; draining abscesses, relief from canker or cold sores; treating root sensitivity.
Dental Laser – Epic Laser
The Epic laser, using focused light and thermal energy, allows us to provide the following gentle and precise care:
- aid in managing gum disease——The Epic laser allowss us to control the bacterial levels in the mouth and the progression of gum disease. It aids in eliminating bleeding gums, reduces discomfort with red, swollen, tender gums and allows for more rapid healing.
- provide relief for canker sores and cold sores——laser energy provided for just a few minutes not only provides instantaneous pain relief but frequently results in more rapid healing. This can allow patients to avoid prescription medications which have side effects and drug interactions.
- relief of acute TMJ or TMD, jaw pain—-provides temporary relief of joint pain taking 5-10 minutes for each area. It is fast and convenient and effective. 5-12% of people in the US suffer from TMD pain.
The Epic laser allows us to provide this care with less (to no) anesthetic, faster healing time for gum disease and a more relaxing experience for our patients.