Dentures | Berkeley IL
4 Types of Dentures
- Full Dentures. This full removable denture is made of acrylic and extends from one side of the mouth to the other side or a full arch. It replaces all of the upper teeth or all of the lower teeth.
- Partial Dentures. A removable partial denture replaces missing teeth when one or more teeth are missing in a single arch. The partial denture is composed of tooth and gum colored base and attach to the natural teeth with a metal clasp. The partial denture is removable making it easy to clean the partial as well as the remaining natural teeth and crowns.
- Immediate Dentures. This removable denture is inserted on the same day that the remaining teeth are removed. Your dentist will take measurements and make models of your jaw during a preliminary visit. You don’t have to be without teeth during the healing period, but may need to have the denture relined or remade after your jaw has healed.
- Implant Retained Dentures. Dental implants are placed to provide support for the denture, preserve the jaw bone structure and create a click tight adhesion between the denture and the implant.
- They help restore your smile.
- They make it easier to eat.
- They give you a more youthful appearance.
- They fill out your facial profile.
- They help you speak more clearly than without teeth.
- Gum Disease
- Poor Hygiene
The doctor and staff recommend that denture patients come in for yearly check ups. If your dentures do not fit well, let Dr. Ghoneim review the way your denture looks and feels in your mouth. The doctor may recommend an adjustment, reline or a remake to improve the way the dentures look, feel and fit.
If you have any questions about dentures or partials, please contact Berkeley Dental Care at Call 708-449-8683. We are happy to help you.